That Touch of Mink

Does fashion matter? Always- though not quite as much after death.

Thursday, October 20, 2005


Feeling Groovy

Is there anything better than the feeling you have when you are in a hip, cool hotel? The lighting, the music and hell, the people, all seem so much more fabulous...as you sit and watch everyone downing fabulous cocktails in fabulous clothing while Thievery Corporation pounds away in the background, you start thinking that maybe you could bring the whole package home. When you sober up and check out, you realize maybe all those votives would be a fire hazard and maybe Aunt Mary wouldn't enjoy sitting in a swinging chair so much. Don't despair, there is a way to take a little bit of that hip hotel home without any major renovations.

W Hotel has their amazing lobby shop online for you at www.whotelthestore.com complete with women's and men's apparel, accessories and cool travel gear. My pick for girls is the ultra cool Coco Chanel t-shirt. For boys- the black Penguin t-shirt is so much cooler than that Brad Pitt beentheredonethat brown polo.

A trip to the Morgans Hotel Group (Ian Schrager of Studio 54 fame- includes famous properties such as the Royalton, the Delano, St. Martin's Lane) website www.morganshotelgroup.com will allow you to quickly connect to Itunes and download their super hip music from each of their hotels. Simply pick a property, go to "soundtrack" and hit "download soundtrack". No surprise that the mixes from the London hotels are rated the highest in Itunes.

The supercool Parker's mantra is "Take it home, Don't steal it". At www.buyparker.com you can click on "Live" to score such hot home accents as Jonathan Adler (the designer of their Palm Springs Hipster Mecca) pillows and throws and in the "Fun" section you can find the perfect quirky gift for friends.

15 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger Lion said...

Dear Stephanie -- I was recently at the Sonoma Mission Inn and was so disappointed with their store. What you have found is much better. Keep it up! Lion

 
At 6:47 AM, Anonymous silver inspired jewelry said...

Greeting Stephanie. More by good luck than good management, I found your site while hunting for the latest info on gold belly jewelry. I realise that this post isn't exactly the match I'm needing but it sure gives a good read. I'm also looking more for gold belly jewelry related information but I'm glad I had the chance to see your site. Great blog!

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger Richard K said...

Hi, your blog is fantastic! Well done!

I have a travel gear site/blog. It pretty much covers travel gear related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

caulfield racecourse

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Rocking horse said...

Stephanie GREAT title this post. I am actually looking for Rocking horse related information to give my customers on my website. I paused at the title and ran out of time to read, but will book mark you and come back latter to check you out some more. I am off to find some other Rocking horse related blogs. Thank you.

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Rocking horse said...

Stephanie GREAT title this post. I am actually looking for Carousel horse related information to give my customers on my website. I paused at the title and ran out of time to read, but will book mark you and come back latter to check you out some more. I am off to find some other Carousel horse related blogs. Thank you.

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous gold cz jewelry said...

Hi there Stephanie. Just stopped by briefly while I was out looking for related information on fine costume jewelry. Enjoyed your site - not exactly the match I was wanting, as I was looking for fine costume jewelry related info also, but your site was so interesting I stuck around to have a read. Good job this post!

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Carousel horse said...

Hey Stephanie GREAT title this post. Thats what actually caught my eye. I was surfing blogs to try and help my customers and visitors with information on my website about ##Keyword## and paused to read but ran out of time. I will book mark it and come back to read later. This isn't really what I was looking for what I really need is information about http://www.horse-lover-gift-ideas-central.com related subjects but thank you and I shall return. I wish you well.

 
At 5:54 AM, Anonymous Carousel horse said...

Hey Stephanie GREAT title this post. Thats what actually caught my eye. I was surfing blogs to try and help my customers and visitors with information on my website about ##Keyword## and paused to read but ran out of time. I will book mark it and come back to read later. This isn't really what I was looking for what I really need is information about http://www.horse-lover-gift-ideas-central.com related subjects but thank you and I shall return. I wish you well.

 
At 2:09 AM, Anonymous prada purse said...

I hope you are having a nice day Stephanie. I was surfing the search engines for purse and handbag related websites using the keyword gucci purse and found your awesome page with the title this post. I am looking for ideas on how to improve my own site using different keywords and was amazed how easy it was to find your site using the keyword gucci purse. Perhaps we could do a link exchange at some point. Anyway, thanks for your time and I’m glad I found your site.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Hey, I really like the quality of your blog. Very interesting indeed!

I have a sand ugg boot
site. It's mostly about sand ugg boot
related stuff.

Come see us if you get time :-)

 
At 6:19 AM, Anonymous horse home decor said...

Hello Stephanie, I was surfing blogs and paused at your title this post. Thats what really caught my eye. I am promoting a horse charms related website and need to find more information to offer some of my internet friends. Not exactly what I was looking for but you have givin me some good ideas about what could be done with my horse charms related site that I will book mark and come back to hopefully get some more education from your site, you have some good stuff maybe you could visit my website and let me know what you think in my contact page. Just click on the link horse charms. Thank you and I wish you well .

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous plush breyer said...

Stephanie GREAT title this post. I am actually looking for horse bracelets related information to give my customers on my website. I paused at the title and ran out of time to read, but will book mark you and come back latter to check you out some more. I am off to find some other horse bracelets related blogs. Thank you.

 
At 2:18 AM, Anonymous horse bracelets said...

Stephanie GREAT title this post. I am actually looking for plush breyer related information to give my customers on my website. I paused at the title and ran out of time to read, but will book mark you and come back latter to check you out some more. I am off to find some other plush breyer related blogs. Thank you.

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Hey, I came by actually looking for a specific blog but got yours instead. However, you seem to have a great blog here!

I have a australia sundance ugg
site. It pretty much covers australia sundance ugg
related stuff.

Come and take a look if you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home